I was always a bit disappointed that bash history saves to disk only the session that is closed last.
Turns out there is a way to fix that:
vi ~/.bashrc<br />export PROMPT_COMMAND='history -a; history -r'
I have a vmware ubuntu 11.04 (natty narwhal) setup.
things I investigated today:
- screenlets and digitalclock (“dark clean” theme)
- digitalclock appears glitchy — artifact of vmware?
- themes for the cairo-clock
- equinox set of themes
- elegant-gnome theme (was not able to get this to install) http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/Elegant+Gnome+Pack?content=127826
- wallpaper-clocks http://www.vladstudio.com/wallpaperclocks/browse.php
- orta theme http://mygeekopinions.blogspot.com/2011/06/how-to-install-orta-theme-pack-in.html
Currently settled at Dusk with transparent menubars